Controlling and Reusing Query Plans with Kalen Delaney
Thanks for our friends at ClearData Kalen Delaney is presenting this full-day seminar on March 26th, 2008 and will cover techniques available for determining if, when and how you should override the optimizer's choice of query plans. It will also cover how to determine if your plans are being reused, how you can determine if reuse is desirable for your queries, and how you can control query caching behavior.
Although the demonstrations will be run on SQL Server 2005, much of the information presented will relevant to SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2008 as well.
This seminar will cover the following topics:
- Tools for Analyzing Query Plans
- Plan Caching and Plan Cache Metadata
- Plan Reuse and Parameter Sniffing
- Managing Plan Cache and Preventing Cache Bloating
- Overriding the Optimizer
- Plan Guides
- Plan Management
- Plan Management in SQL Server 2008
Click to Register<